The programming for this simple drawing using the mobot took forever. The computer programmer had to redo the code numerous times as we observed that our preliminary picture was not coming out as expected. We know that we have some ways to go, including figuring out how to program the turns to where the mobot will implement the exact angle and execute all turns where our preliminary picture can be completed. As stated as an issue earlier, the group is having problems with the turning of the mobot in which it isn’t making a 90 degree turn and a correct 45 degree turn. The art that we were implementing in the demo was a figure that consisted of two squares tilted at two different angles where the second square started to be drawn at the end of the first loop. We have been playing around with the coordinates; however, we have still not found the solution to crack this code. This is only our demo art and is not the final product so we do have time to figure out and fix this issue. Currently we only tried the programming aspect to fix this situation, but in the future we will also try other methods if they can be used such as the electrical and mechanical aspects of roboting. If anyone has any feedback or suggestions in which can further assist our group with possibly fix implementing our turns please feel free to add input in a comment to the blog. Thank you.
This is the actual footage of the group first test trials after presentation using the boxes to act as a wall so that the infrared and ultrasound can detech the distance and proceed with the uploaded program that is on the microcontroller. Where the mobot turns right if nothing is on its right, if something is on the mobot’s right then it will turn left and continue forward.
This is our mobot named Prototype, which is a temporary name to call it until we complete it fully and give it an actual name. It is fully functional with a base code the mobot is running on just highs and lows no PWM yet. It still is unfinished so it will not be able to draw a figure yet, however, the ultra sound is working and one infrared sensor is working.
Here is the link to both of our trial runs:
This is our mobot named Prototype, which is a temporary name to call it until we complete it fully and give it an actual name. It is currently not assembled and has no functions uploaded to it. It still is unfinished so it will not be able to draw a figure yet, however, by the end of the full assembly we should have it able to draw a picture.
We worked on the melody program and got it to work by connecting a 1k ohm to pin 9 and it works perfectly.